Congressional App Challenge
New Jersey’s 3rd Congressional District App Challenge
Computer science and STEM skills are essential for economic growth and innovation. Our dependence on technology won’t be going away anytime soon. That’s why Congressman Tom MacArthur has challenged high school students in New Jersey’s Third Congressional District to participate in the Congressional App Challenge.
The Congressional App Challenge is designed to engage students' creativity and encourage their participation in STEM education fields, allowing students to compete by creating and exhibiting their software application, or "app," for mobile, tablet or computer devices on a platform of their choice.
Important Rules include:
- Participants must be enrolled in high school in New Jersey’s Third Congressional District
- Students may compete as individuals or in teams of up to four
- The app students create must be:
- The 2016 Congressional App Challenge submission period will run from July 18, 2016 through November 2, 2016.
- A student may only submit one application, either as an individual or as part of a team
- Students can register on CongressionalAppChallenge.us
- Apps will be submitted on New Jersey’s Third Congressional District page
- Each Contestant will be required to provide the following as part of the Submission:
- The source code of their application
- A link to the application demonstration video. This video should demonstrate the scope, quality, how you created the app and what you learned. Video should be 3 min in length.